[vcf-midatlantic] What IC Do I Have Here?

Joseph Giliberti kd2dhp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 21:06:56 UTC 2022

Greetings!
AY-5-4007A
I actually have five of them. I'm assuming based on the part number that
they were made by General Instruments. They are 40 pin 0.6 inch dual
in-line units with a white ceramic case and not-gold pins. All five I have
are dated the fourth week of 1974.

I can find no references to this exact part number. There is a known
AY-5-4007D, which is a 24 pin seven segment display driver. I would guess
that a indicates the first in a series. Along that line, I'm thinking they
might be bit-slice ALU chips, but that's just a wild guess.

Regardless of what they turn out to be, I have absolutely no use for them,
so let me know privately if you would like to take them off my hands.

TIA
Joe Giliberti