[vcf-midatlantic] OT: time to downsize

Herb Johnson hjohnson at retrotechnology.info
Tue Jan 25 18:54:18 UTC 2022

Bob Shuster:

> So - I’m not sure how to start with this.  Does the group have a For Sale page where I can post photos, etc.?  I’ll need to dig out each of the systems (carefully stored in my heated/cooled workshop) and test and figure out prices, but I will definitely entertain offers.  For specific inquiries please email me, but for discussion of how to go about reducing my collection [and assuming the admins agree that it’s on-topic] that can be on-list.

>  in general anything else will need to be picked up [at a PA location]

I think Bob has a reasonable question; nobody replied exactly to it so
far. I read "does the VCF-Midatlantic group have a for-sale Web resource
for private, on-site, local-only sales?" Not shipping to, not
bring-to-sell-at, as some responded.

As Bob replied, it's just impractical for some of us, in some cases, to
ship. Or to bring volumes of materials to an event, or even to attend an
event. I think it's fair to say, it's "unwieldy" to post at length here,
or repeatedly, about numerous items one wants to sell. Bob asked for
discussion, asked for "the admins".

Maybe, some resource could be offered and supported, like the vcfed.org
national/international for-sale forum, but "local" to central New
Jersey? Maybe, something like that "want to buy/sell Google spreadsheet"
for the VCFed-Mid swap meets, but more permanent, maintained?

As I wrote a reply, Jeff already offered to make Bob a Google Drive
folder. That would also be a good for-local-sale general resource, as
long as sold items are culled out.

Regards, Herb Johnson

http://www.retrotechnology.com OR .net
or try later herbjohnson AT comcast DOT net