[vcf-midatlantic] Trade / wish list for the Feb 26th swap meet?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Jan 30 18:57:06 UTC 2022

On 1/30/22 1:50 PM, Andrew Diller via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> Here are some images of the MicroVAX:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/eVaNwtH.jpg
> https://i.imgur.com/evgSuo0.jpg
> https://i.imgur.com/LIfVzEI.jpg
> https://i.imgur.com/Jrm2XIT.jpg
>
> Boards:
> https://i.imgur.com/QqtpE0s.jpg <https://i.imgur.com/QqtpE0s.jpg>
> https://i.imgur.com/Ewb7Tbx.jpg <https://i.imgur.com/Ewb7Tbx.jpg>
> https://i.imgur.com/Csq2jvD.jpg <https://i.imgur.com/Csq2jvD.jpg>
> https://i.imgur.com/60Nto25.jpg <https://i.imgur.com/60Nto25.jpg>
>

> System images were taken just now, the board images a while ago. It's been in a climate controlled basement since 2019 (when I got it).

   Interestingly, there are TWO KA630/M7606 (MicroVAX-II) processor
boards in those pictures.  Are they both installed in the machine?  If
so, that won't work.

> I tried to do the PXE boot-thing for VAX but was never able to make it all work together. I don't know if the floppy or tape drive work, prb. need some TLC.

   A VAX will never, ever boot via PXE.  They can netboot via MOP, but
setting that up is slightly fiddly. (but not too bad)

> You may notice a Gesswein MFM emulator - that would _NOT_ be included, but it simply has an image of the HD that is included. The HD works and spun up, but I didn't want to put more wear on it.

   The drive in that machine is an RD54, aka Maxtor XT-2190.  I think
those things will probably live forever. ;) (as opposed to the RD53..)

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA