[vcf-midatlantic] Wrap-up of System Source Repair Workshop 1/29 & 1/30, 2022

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Mon Jan 31 04:45:33 UTC 2022

I had a great time at System Source's Repair Workshop this past weekend.
Bob Roswell was a very generous and gracious host.
I left at 7:30PM on Friday night because the snow was piling up in NJ. I
live near InfoAge so the whole area got 12 inches of snow. But west and
southwest of my home, got little to none. So the drive to System Source was
a breeze with mostly highway. It took about 3 hours. Stayed at a hotel
Friday and Saturday night and got a good sleep.

When I got there Saturday things were in full swing with the usual suspects
from InfoAge repair workshops, plus the usual System Source suspects. So a
very good turnout of about 25 or so people.

Lots of stuff fixed as I saw.

I made some pickups of repaired VCF artifacts and drop-offs to be repaired
artifacts.

I loved looking at what was new and looking in more detail at the
exhibits in the museum. I also got to catch up on all my friends there and
talk about vintage computer stuff it was great!

I also got a chance to play with the Xerox Alto for a few hours and see
what worked and what didn't. Very cool and rare opportunity for a rare
machine that works! This was my favorite part of the weekend.

Maybe others want to chime in on what they were working on.

Jeff Brace
VCF National Board Member Chairman & Vice President
Vintage Computer Festival East Show-runner
http://www.vcfed.org/
jeffrey at vcfed.org