[vcf-midatlantic] passing of MIDI developer

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jun 10 14:01:57 UTC 2022

On 6/9/22 23:47, Herb Johnson via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> MIDI is both a simple cabling and serial interface to connect digital
> audio instruments to a computer;

   I have to speak up here.  MIDI is often used to connect musical
instruments to a computer, especially hobbyists at home, but that's not
its only role, and I'd argue from my own experience that it's a
comparatively minor role.  MIDI is also used to interconnect
instruments, and connect controllers (like keyboards, pedals, pads, etc
that don't have synthesizer circuitry in them) to instruments.

               -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA