[vcf-midatlantic] Swap Meet feedback: vendor early access

skogkatt007 at yahoo.com skogkatt007 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 21:02:47 UTC 2022

 Nothing in your response changes the fact that sellers are granted exclusive early access. There is no way that can be called fair, regardless of what is done wherever else.

I was going to stay out.of this conversation. But upon hearing repeatedly how vendors should own the whole show, And then there was those who brag about reselling items found the very same day at a significant markup. I just couldn't keep silent. Don't get me wrong most of the vendors I dealt with were fair and respectable. There is no way to prevent every instance of impropriety. But you don't have to lay out the red carpet for those simply looking to gouge. I guess I'm not supposed to use words like that.
Oh and this is not about "money", mine or someone else's. Nor is it about "anger". I did leave the show a little angry, still am. I'm actually grieving at this point. I passed up 2 items, 1 was free, the other was 20$ and didn't work. Maybe neither did. It wasn't that I could have made a killing on either. I just wanted them.