[vcf-midatlantic] WTB: Atari ST SH314 floppy drive and SC1224 monitor

Ethan O'Toole telmnstr at 757.org
Fri Mar 4 14:18:23 UTC 2022

A few things. The Atari SC1224 monitor is pretty tiny physically, so
someone should be able to wrap it pretty well and it survive.

The SH314 floppy, I can't find a picture. But I can say that both my Mega
2 ST and Atari STacy have a style of floppy where the drive has an awesome
looking contour that matches the case. Neither work. Something with age
takes them out, and I never figured out what. If anyone knows, please
advise.

Side thing regarding Atari ST:

I built this ACSI2SD board using the blue pill STM chip. I dig it. I plan
to lay out a circuit board that:

1 You remove the DB19 from an Atari ST and solder this new board into the
Atari that takes place of DB19

2 It would expose SD, USB and a switch to switch DC power between atari
    and USB(for firmware updates) through the DB19 hole on back of case

3 It has solder holes for the removed DB19 internally, it's not usable but
   a placeholder to keep the part with the machine inside (need to figure
   out clearing metal sheilds)

4 3d printed plate to cover the DB19 hole and allow access to ports

Maybe a version for the STacy when I get around to opening mine back up. I
did a ribbon cable that goes to someone else's ASCI2SD board meants for
DB19, but it's sloppy as all hell.

This wouldn't require a blue pill board, I'm trying to put those directly
on PCB to make the whole thing smaller and internal.