[vcf-midatlantic] Docent volunteers needed in VCF museum

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Mon Mar 7 15:53:31 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

Docenting is a great way to support VCF and learn about artifacts. We have
an ongoing need to have docents in our museum Wednesdays, Saturdays and
Sundays from 12PM to 5PM.

Right now we have Bill Inderrieden every Wednesday, Deborah every Saturday
and me every Sunday. We need more docents in the mix to give us days off or
to other VCF related activities.

Also in the summer Deborah will be going to an internship, so we will need
a replacement on Saturdays.

If you are coming from far, we will allow you to stay in the dorm overnight
at VCF's expense. We would just need sufficient advanced notice.

There are many things that can be done while waiting for visitors like on a
project or even help improve the artifacts with great demos or specific
projects.

You don't need to do it every week. You could do it once a month, once
every two months, whatever. The important thing is to have more docents in
the rotation so that the regular docents can have a day off to do VCF
things or personal things. We will schedule you in.

If you are interested in volunteering, then please contact me.
If you have any questions, then let me know and I would be happy to answer
them.

Thanks so much!

Jeff Brace
VCF National Board Member Chairman & Vice President
Vintage Computer Festival East Showrunner
http://www.vcfed.org/
jeffrey at vcfed.org