[vcf-midatlantic] Advertising for VCF East 2022

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Wed Mar 16 15:37:51 UTC 2022

If anyone wants to use this great text, please feel free:

"Ever wonder about the roots of today’s technological society?  Did you
spend Covid nostalgically playing old video games from the past on an
emulator?  Do you want to get hands-on with computers ranging from the
1960’s thru the early 1990’s?

Come to the Vintage Computer Festival East in Wall, NJ on April 22nd thru
April 24th, 2022.

On Friday, April 22nd, there are classes in everything from programming the
Apple II computer to "learn to solder” sessions for both kids and adults.
You can even solder together your own Intel based computer with our partner
GlitchWorks.

On Saturday and Sunday (April 23rd & 24th), join us for hands-on exhibits
of vintage and classic computers along with talks from the people who were
at the beginning of vintage computer history. Learn how vintage computers
lead to today’s world of technology becoming commonplace instead of niche
hobby.

This year we have two themes for our weekend talks: Women in computing and
Computers for the Masses.

Talks include a reunion of Commodore employees talking about their days
working at Commodore Computers as well as the creators of the Commodore
Vic-20 and C64.  Talks by Margaret Morabito, the editor of RUN magazine.
Learn the history of video game programming starting with the Atari 2600 to
modern times with Burger Becky a long-time veteran of the video game
industry.

Consignment sales will be open all weekend where our members will be
selling everything from vintage Apple to Zenith computers and everything in
between, as well as parts for computers, peripherals, and other vintage
computer equipment. Who knows you may find the items to complete your
nostalgic journey back to the 1980’s. Will you find the personal and home
computer that you have been looking for?

Learn more about the Vintage Computer Festival East at
https://vcfed.org/wp/events/vintage-computer-festival-east"

Jeff Brace
VCF National Board Member Chairman & Vice President
Vintage Computer Festival East Showrunner
http://www.vcfed.org/
jeffrey at vcfed.org