[vcf-midatlantic] PDP-11 topics again.

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Mar 21 14:33:09 UTC 2022

On 3/20/22 21:57, Christian R. Fandt via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> Yes! Keep the big iron traffic coming! Along with the other cool tech
> stuff, of course.
>
> Just beginning to 'wake up' a little bit from a long 8-to-9 year hobby
> dormancy driven mostly from a busy engineering career and appreciate
> reading such activity. So once I retire in late 2023 or so, I'll be
> hungry for activity and may discuss some stuff on my PDP 11/73, PDP
> 11/34A, couple of 11/23s, VAX11/730 (_lots_ of work needed, but still,
> Ye True Olde Iron), DG NOVA 1200, IBM 9370-75 (S/370 on silicon, but
> still big), smaller industrial machines: VMEbus & PC104 stuff, other fun
> stuff in addition to vintage radios -my true passion. Lurking for now...
> Just hope I have time for it all till I go 'blue screen' :-)

   Sounds great to me!  Note that we at LSSM did get a 9375 running,
after much effort.  We don't have an OS installed on it, but it loads
microcode, which is 90% of the battle.  If you don't have an operational
console system, we can help with that part.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA