A clearer way to describe InfoAge buildings

David Hayden dhayden at opentext.com
Wed Mar 23 13:42:49 UTC 2022

  *   I can of course provide maps such as [...]  InfoAge created maps that are on the website

This is an InfoAge problem, and that's a hard "nope" on providing InfoAge maps that correspond to your descriptions.  I suppose they may be buried in their website somewhere, but hell if I can find them.  Without a map, your detailed descriptions, which I really do appreciate, are of little use.

Googling "infoage map", here is the first link: https://infoage.org/campus-map-feb-21-2019/
This leads to https://infoage.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/campus-map-feb-21-2019.pdf, which has letter designations only.

If you go to their home page and click "visit", you'll find a link to this "campus map" with locations designated 1 through 18: https://infoage.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/TourMap_16x20_self-download.jpg

If you do a google image search on "info age map" you have to scroll down a page or two to find a vcf map that contains 9010-D, 9000 and 9032-A.

The bottom line is that I spent 15 minutes unsuccessfully trying to find a map that corresponds to your descriptions. That's about 14 minutes and 45 seconds longer than a casual visitor would spend.

So either InfoAge's maps need to change to use our designations or our designations need to change to follow InfoAge's maps.  Since the buildings themselves have the 4-digit numbers on them, I think InfoAge should use those on their maps.  That way a visitor walking around could tell where they are.

Dave