[vcf-midatlantic] Museum items in need of repair

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Fri Mar 25 18:48:57 UTC 2022

Apple 2: Best as I can describe: "scrambled video". This has been a chronic
problem with this machine. It seems like it is a loose video card and wires
that need to be reseated, wiggled, etc. Tony knows how to make it work, but
he can't always be there and the fix doesn't last very long. The other
docents and I have tried to replicate what he does to no avail.

IBM PCjr: Has a floppy drive making loud noises and doesn't boot up
properly. We have an SD card solution for it, but that doesn't seem to work
all the time either. Dean knows how to make it work, but again it doesn't
work for me or the other docents.

Vic-20: Needs great demo programs downloaded to SD card and instructions
made for docents which ones they are and how to operate them.

Adam Joystick: It doesn't go up! Don't know if it can be repaired, or if it
needs to be replaced.

Jeff Brace
VCF National Board Member Chairman & Vice President
Vintage Computer Festival East Showrunner
http://www.vcfed.org/
jeffrey at vcfed.org