[vcf-midatlantic] A lot of old computers in Stranger things

Jeffrey Brace jeffrey at vcfed.org
Sun May 29 19:06:43 UTC 2022

On Sat, May 28, 2022 at 5:55 PM Dave Shevett via vcf-midatlantic <

> I've always wanted to be in the business of providing these old machines to
> movies and tv shows.  I've sort of half-started putting something together
> for this, but I have NO CLUE how to get onto the 'i can get this stuff for
> you and make it work' radar of studios.

VCF has sold or rented artifacts to different productions:
CNN's Great Big Story
A Spike Lee Movie (BlackKKlansman?)
X-Men Movie: Apocalypse
The Americans
The Time Traveler's Wife
Ripple Effects
and some others that I'm forgetting the names of.

Usually they have some intern do a Google search for some item and half the
time they have no clue what is appropriate for the time period. They will
often find us through a Google search. Sometimes we get referrals from
people that have used us before. So in other words most of the time, they
find us.